top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is Pulaski County located?

Pulaski County, Illinois, is located in the southernmost part of the state.

Studio Apartment

What towns are your apartments located in?

We have apartments under the HUD program in the following towns:  Mounds, Mound City, Ullin and Karnak.

Rural Development apartments are located in Pulaski, Olmsted and Grand Chain.

How do I Apply

There are three ways to apply for housing at Pulaski County:

1. Visit our office located at 130 Richland Terrace, Mounds, Illinois

2. Call us at 618.745.6330 and request that we mail an application to you.

3. Visit us online at, print and mail the application back to us at 

P.O. Box 246

Mounds, Illinois 62964

How many waitlists does HAPC have?

We have two waitlists, one for the HUD program and one for the Rural Development program. The HUD program is available for all to apply. However, our Rural Development program is limited to persons 62 years of age or older, disabled regardless of age. Both wait lists are currently open.

Does your housing authority have a Section 8 program, or a Housing Choice Voucher program?

No, We only have the Low-Income Public Housing program.

Colorful Bed

How long will I have to wait to be housed?

Usually, the wait time for housing in Pulaski County is more than a year. Our turnover rate is not very high and our waitlist is long. However, we encourage everyone to apply and to be placed on the waitlist.

NOTE: We house our tenants from the waitlist.

Dog House

Are pets allowed?

Yes. However, you must fill out a Pet Application, pay a pet deposit, and abide by the terms of our Pet Policy.

Do you have income limits?

Yes we do. Income limits are based on the size of your family. Please see the chart listed under the Eligibility/Suitability link to see if your income exceeds these limits.

Bathroom Tiles

How much will my rent be?

Rent is charged based on your income. At the time of admission, you will choose whether to pay Income Based Rent or Flat Rent. We will assess your household situation and determine if you qualify for any deductions and/or exemptions. We do offer medical deductions for elderly/disabled families and a childcare deduction for working families or families furthering their education.

Flat Rents for the Housing Authority of Pulaski County are as follows:

One bedroom: $526.00

Two bedrooms: $646.00

Three bedrooms: $910.00

Four bedrooms $1095.00

(rent amounts are subject to change)

bottom of page